CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF APPLICATION
CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ONLINE
SGA OFFICER APPLICATION PROCESS
- You Will Be Required To Turn In A Letter(s) Of Recommendation vouching for your nomination from members of the Shorter College Faculty and Staff to a member of the SGA Committee: Rev. Mary Hull Lovett, Mrs. Kelly Huskey, or Ms. Karen Hunter.
- Applications will be accepted through March 29th, 2023.
- Candidates for office will have until April 3rd at 5 pm to submit a 2-minute video with their campaign speech or prepare a speech for a live presentation.
- On April 6th, a link will be sent to the student body with an option to watch the speeches live via a zoom link. After April 6th, the speeches will be posted on our YouTube channel, and a link will be sent to the students and posted in the Chapel canvas classroom.
- Candidates will have from April 6th to April 11th at 5 pm to campaign for election.
- The election will be held via a Google Form that will be opened at 6 pm on April 11th.
- Students must log into the Google Form using their Shorter College email address. Any personal email addresses submitting votes will not be counted.
- Voting will be from April 11th at 6 pm to April 13th at 12pm.
- Candidates will be notified no later than 5 pm on April 13th.
- Announcements of the new SGA will be sent on April 14th.
QUALIFICATIONS OF OFFICERS
- All positions are for a term of one year
- All officers must have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Must be in good standing with the college
- President - Must be a sophomore in Fall 2023, have completed one academic year at Shorter College as a full-time student, and meets all other qualifications.
- Vice President - Must have attained sophomore status, have completed one academic year at Shorter College as a full-time student, and meets all other qualifications.
- Secretary - Must meet qualifications.
- Treasurer - Must meet qualifications.
- Parliamentarian - Must meet qualifications.
DUTIES OF OFFICERS
- Preside over monthly SGA meetings
- Preside over SGA call meetings
- Act as ex-official chairperson of all committees
- Submit suggestions and plans at the beginning of the year
- Perform other duties related to the office of the president
- Will preside during the absence of or at the request of the president.
- Will maintain a record of all funds received and expenditures made.
- Will make a financial report to SGA at the last meeting of each semester and as needed.
- Must be available for all meetings
- Will keep an accurate record of the meeting content and attendance.
- Will be responsible for written communications for SGA
- Maintains order in the meeting by following Roberts Rules of Order.