– Mission & Vision
– Student Offerings
– Frequently Asked Questions
– Calendar & Appointments


Office of Educational Access

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

1 – What is a Disability Eligible for Campus & Class Accommodations?

Students, faculty or staff with physical, emotional or intellectual disabilities are eligible for campus or classroom accommodations.


Examples of Physical Disabilities: Diabetes, Epilepsy, Visual, Hearing Impairments


Example of Emotional Disabilities: Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Depression


Examples of Intellectual Disabilities: Autism, ADHD, Intellectual Disability


2 – How Do I Access Disability Services?

Visit Us On Campus: Sherman Tyree Building, Room 100d

By Phone: 501-374-6305 ext 232 or 501-703-5647 (Work Cell-Can Text/Call)

By Email: kwilliams@shortercollege.edu


3 – What Do You Mean By Documentation?

To receive a Letter of Accommodation, you MUST present documentation from a medical professional to show that you have been formally diagnosed with a disability.


4 – What are Accommodations?

An accommodation is a legally mandated modification or service that gives a student with a disability an equal opportunity to benefit from this educational process. It may be useful to think of accommodations as adjustments to how things are normally done.


5 – What Classes Does This Service Cover?

Letters of Accommodation cover ALL classes and Shorter College campus functions.


6 – Is My Information Confidential or Will It Be Shared?

Any information given to or discussed with the Office of Educational Access is confidential and will not be shared with anyone without your consent.