Workforce Program Application
The Reimagine Arkansas Workforce Project provides funding for qualifying individuals to complete online training at no cost in order to meet workforce needs across the state.
The U.S. Department of Education awarded a grant worth over $13 million to the Arkansas Workforce Development Board and the Arkansas Division of Workforce Services to fund the Reimagine Arkansas Workforce Project. This state-wide coordinated effort is intended to benefit Arkansans who have been economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Project partners include state agencies, U of A Global Campus Professional and Workforce Development, Shorter College, and iDatafy LLC.
Successful completion of these training programs will help Arkansans return to or thrive in the pandemic-era workplace.
Who Should Apply
- Arkansas residents (or residents of a neighboring state that work
- 18 years of age or older
- If male, registered for selective service (if you are not
registered, you can register before applying) or exempt
- Eligible to work in the US
- Economically impacted by COVID
- Formerly Incarcerated
- TANF eligible
Arkansans who are unemployed, underemployed, are new to the workforce and/or have no work history, are a member of an underrepresented population, receive public assistance, reside in rural areas.
Course Registration Process
- Complete and submit an application
- Contacted by Enrollment Management for document verification
- Documents are submitted
- Approval of documents
- Contacted by Eligibility Specialist or Program Director for course selection
- Course start date provided
Once you have completed the application a representative from Enrollment Management will contact and request the required documents to determine eligibility. Upon verification of eligibility, the Eligibility Specialist or Program Director will make contact for program selection.
Completion of the Program
You will receive a Certificate of Completion from Shorter College. Participants will have the opportunity to create a free certified SmartResume® via the company iDatafy. iDatafy is an online service based in Arkansas that allows employers to verify and hire new job talent based upon job skills matching. Employers can search the vast network and identify new skills and education gained by participants.
- Documents to confirm residency, age, Selective Service registration, and eligibility to work in the US:
- Passport, Driver’s License, or other State ID
- Other proof of address that confirms your Arkansas residency (if different from ID)
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Selective Service Verification (for males born before 1960)
- Alien Certification Card
- INS Form
- Letter from employer regarding lay off or organization closure, if applicable
- Regular access to a computer with Windows 7 or later, or Mac OS, and a minimum of 8GB RAM.
- Reliable internet access.
Some training programs may require additional software. Further information will be provided once you have been qualified for funding and identify the training program you wish to complete.
Finally, participants will receive information regarding further training programs or degree programs offered by the University of Arkansas and Shorter College. If you are interested in training programs offered by the University of Arkansas, please visit the website for the Reimagine Arkansas Workforce Project at the University of Arkansas.